Windows 10 - Assigned Access / Kiosk mode
To configure Assigned Access for Windows 10, please follow these steps:
1. From an account with Administrator privileges, create a new standard account to be used as the Assigned Access account.
Refer Windows > Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.
For example, you might call the account Kiosk.
2. Once created, log out of your current account and log into the new account.
3. Launch the Windows Store application, search for and install TPControl.
Microsoft requires that all Store applications are installed using an existing Microsoft account, so ensure you read and follow any applicable prompts.
4. Launch and configure TPControl, then exit.
5. Log out of the new account.
6. Log into an Administrator account, and then launch a Windows Powershell session with Administrator privileges.
7. Copy the following line, but replace <username> with the Assigned Access account name.
Set-AssignedAccess -AppName TouchPanelControl.TPControl -UserName <username>
e.g. Set-AssignedAccess -AppName TouchPanelControl.TPControl -UserName Kiosk
8. Paste the line including your Assigned Access accounts <username> into the Windows Powershell session, and press <Enter>:
You can now exit the Powershell session, and log into the Assigned Access account from which TPControl will launch automatically.
NOTE: To exit Assigned Access mode and log out on Windows 10 devices, press CTRL-ALT-DEL.
Alternately, quickly press the Windows logo key five times, which may result in restarting your device.